- I am the senior copy editor for POLITICO Pro in Washington, D.C., and have been since August 2012. Pro is the paid subscription service of POLITICO that covers defense, education, tax, finance, energy, agriculture, trade, technology, health care and transportation policy, and will soon cover the 2014 campaign, cybersecurity and health care technology.
- I earned a Master of Arts in international relations (2010-11) at the University of Kent.
- I am a 2009 graduate of the University of Kansas. I have undergraduate degrees in journalism and political science, with a co-major in international studies.
- I studied abroad my sophomore year (2006-07) at the University of Reading in Reading, England.
- I formerly worked for The University Daily Kansan in a variety of positions, including book reviewer, correspondent, columnist, opinion editor, designer, editorial board member, managing editor, copy editor and Web producer (2005-09).
- I have completed three copy-editing internships, one at The Indianapolis Star (with the Dow Jones Newspaper Fund) (2008), another at The Columbus Dispatch (2009) and a third with The Kansas City Star’s sports desk (2010).
- My primary journalistic interests are editing, editorial writing, design, multimedia production and social media.
- I do not think journalism is dead.
- I am a shameless anglophile.
- From late March to late April 2007, I went on a four-week backpacking trip with my best friend across western Europe.
- I love my Mac and my iPod. I also love coffee, chocolate and Chipotle.
- Please check out my portfolio site, or any of my social media profiles. Links are on the right side of the blog.
So funny. I googled my full name (Kelsey Hayes B.) and your blog came up! It turns out there are two Kelsey Hayes in this world that have a passion for travel, politics, and writing. Just thought I’d send a smile your way. Cheers!
Hey Kelsey! You might not remember me well, as we spent such little time together and I’m quite sad about that. We met at the dorms our Freshman year at KU (Lewis Hall). Ich habe blonde Haare und blauen Augen. Kannst du dich errinnern? Du hast ein bisschen Deutsch gelernt, ja? I just wanted to see that you were doing well, and it seems that you are having great success! Yay getting to go to England as I knew you were such a fan. I am envious as you truly pursued your dreams. I really believe you will get everything you want out of this life. You are brilliant and innovative. I just wanted to let you know that you are in my thoughts, sincerely, Lauren Bruning.
Oh, and by the by, I do not have a facebook, twitter, myspace or blog page, so if you ever want to communicate, I can notify you of my email address. Not sure how to do it on here without everyone seeing it. I’m quite computer illiterate.